Thursday, June 11, 2009

When two people love each other very much...

And want to start a family, but can't because they want to wait to get a house and can't get a house because they have heinous amounts of college loan debt... They GET A DOG!!!




This is Tim, making sure that the cage we bought for the dog is not too big, and yes he did go all the way inside to check...




The adoption place calls him Mookie, but we will probably rename him, probably with something to do with aviation, because that is how we roll here.

If you have any name suggestions, we are open!!




He already knows to smile for the camera!!





I know he looks bewildered here, but he had a long day, and he is still shocked from leaving his home. And yes, I know he is not a dachshund or a beagle, please try to forgive us for stepping out! But we love him and you should come down to see him, with your puppy (ies)!!

6 comments:

  1. i think he is perfect and would probably be good friends with our pup. Name suggestions, hmm I do love naming things- Chris and I thought of Captain, Radar, Pilot, Goose, Topgun.... Alright, God's speed to you (i dont like saying good luck)!
    Jess Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks adorable. I am so happy for you guys. I am sure he will bring a lot of happiness into your lives. Send more pic's when you can.
    Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got a dog! how fun! i should come meet him...because that'd also mean that we were hanging out (which hasn't been done in a long time...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would name him buddy. because buddy is a cool name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your fam helped in naming ours so I thought I would help by brainstorming!

    Ace, Alpha, Air Force, Blip, Bogey, Bravo, Charlie, Chute, Eyteecee (ATC), Eagle, Echo, Falcon, Flight, Flyby, Gear, Gunner, Gunny, Gyro, Jet, Niner, Nose, ORLy, Pit, PuddleJumper, Prop, Radio, Red Baron, Roger, Skid, Squawk, Tango, Torque, Ve-efar (VFR), Whirlybird, Yaw, Yoke

    Ha ha, fun times

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of Niner myself before I read Mark's list, but I think Radar is my favorite. Remember good dog names are usually only two syllables because that's what they can understand and distinguish a difference between the one word commands you will be giving=) Just some elder sisterly advice! Love you! So excited for you! Wish he had been there when we came. Look forward to seeing more pics and reading funny dog stories because you WILL have them=)

    ReplyDelete