Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Musings of a Stay-at-Home Mom: What to do when you find yourself alone with your second born

After much thought and deliberation, we decided to try out putting K in a preschool program at our church, it's really called a Mother's morning out, but around here, we call it school. It's super fun for Karis, and it gives me five hours with one child two days a week. I'm sure some of you are wondering, since I don't have a job (other than being a full-time mom) What I do with all that time?!?

Here is what I did, in order of importance:

Give the second born much needed love and attention without having Karis vie for my attention.
Enjoy her smiles.
More kisses.
Sweet nose cuddles.
Grocery shop.
Lots of smiles and baby talk between the two of us.

There is the temptation to do 100000000 errands that are so much easier to do with one child. But I LOVE getting alone time with Autumn. I had two years of alone time with Karis, so getting about 10hrs a week with Autumn is pretty cool.

I love my girls.

I love Preschool!



No comments:

Post a Comment