Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be careful what you say...

Because you never know how your words affect people. Let me explain. So, I bought this dress for Jenn's birthday party in March, it is a hot black dress, and it was on sale (that is a sign from God you should by it... just sayin') but the dress needed some alterations because I bought it in a size too big because it was an amazing dress and I knew my alterations lady could alter it to the right size.

So, I go in to see my alteration lady with two other dresses that I need to be re-sized as well, and as she is pinning around me she says this: "Have to give a little more room down here." She says it in her wonderful Hispanic accent as she points to my highs and booty... Nice, the alterations lady notices that my rear-end is twice the proportion it should be...

So, as I am running my little heart out today, all I am thinking about, all I am really capable of focusing on while I am in agony (I HATE running, more than anything really) is the lady pointing to my tush. Mind you, she was not mean when she said it, she smiled and kind of winked like, it happens to all of us. But really?!? Did it really have to have been brought to my attention that she did not need to let in my hip/thigh area as much as, say, my chest area??? So, I have run so far today, and now I will do 1,000,000 lunges. All because of this lady and her innocent comment.

So, here are my words of wisdom, be very careful what you say (trust me, I am TOTALLY preaching to myself, my family knows all to well my foot stays firmly in my mouth for most of my life) Because you never know even the most innocent comment can make someone run til they pass out and do 1,000,000 lunges...

3 comments:

  1. This is both hee-larious and very true at the same time! That sweet lil' hispanic lady didn't have a clue. But I could use her in my life - because a good long run is much needed!

    P.S. I think you have a very nice sized tushy region. And I say that in whatever way seems least awkward and weird to anyone who reads this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sis=( So sorry, but good for you for running instead of rebelling and eating five candy bars! Haha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bless your little buns! i like your booty :)

    ReplyDelete